The Engineering Manager (EM) is responsible for executing the engineering scope of the project, organizing the engineering team, performing teambuilding, and delivering and distributing technical documents. The EM performs his or her duties within the framework of project and company requirements, engineering budget and schedule, and the plans and procedures established in the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Project Procedure Manual (PPM). The EM is directly accountable to the Project Manager (PM) in performing task force related duties. The EM is also accountable to the General Manager of Engineering in discharging functional responsibilities to ensure uniformity of engineering execution. Some of the key functions of the EM are as follows:
- Develop engineering scope, design services and deliverables, develop a comprehensive and integrated schedule in cooperation with the engineering disciplines, Control Team Leader, Project Manager/Project Engineers, Materials Manager, Contracts Manager, and Construction Manager.
- Setting up of the project WBS.
- Assemble and distribute basic contractual information to the task force engineering disciplines and ensure understanding of basic financial objectives of the project.
- Develop the overall engineering execution strategy including workshare, document control, procurement and automation design systems and tools. Also develop engineering estimates, budgets, schedules, and progress reporting system in cooperation with discipline Leads, Control Team Leader, Materials Manager, Contracts Manager, Construction Manager, and Project Manager.
Teknoplant provides consulting services for the following:
- Establish project master set of narrative and technical specifications and ensure compliance thereof including compliance with established Fluor and Client practices, procedures, and technical quality requirements.
- Develop the PEP and PPM including but not limited to engineering procedures, document distribution matrix, workshare procedures, automation procedures, and engineering quality control procedures.
- Review and provide input to the Material Responsibility Matrix and the Contracts Plan including maintenance thereof.
- Develop engineering automation plan and implement the plan in coordination with discipline leads and Project Information Manager (PIM)
PACE- One Solution to help Contractors, Consultants, Project Managers, Residential and Commercial Real Estate Developers
PACE enables you to go beyond managing documents and processes to engage people from early stages of contract to maintenance stages ensuring all round success.
PACE for Contractors:
With PACE you can not only manage project documents and processes but engage people as well as their activities during all phases of project management and execution.
PACE allows you to integrate Design Phases and Work Packages from MS project, Primavera and MS Excel to the system to give you the real pace of the project.